Autocross is an inexpensive opportunity to enthusiastically drive your Porsche or other make, in a controlled, and safe environment. Drivers navigate through pre-determined course outlined with road cones.You will test
Autocross is an inexpensive opportunity to enthusiastically drive your Porsche or other make, in a controlled, and safe environment. Drivers navigate through pre-determined course outlined with road cones.
You will test and improve your driving skills while experiencing the impressive handling performance of your car.
Everyone is encouraged to attend, particularly if you plan to participate in any other driving events throughout the year. Join us for some fun while becoming a better driver!
Registration opens: 8:30 am EDT
Course Open to Walk 9:00 am EDT
Registration closes: 9:40 am EDT
Drivers meeting: 9:50 am EDT
First group starts: 10:20 am EDT
To improve our events, we have made the following changes:
- All participants must create a ClubRegistration.Net account, register and pay online. This includes onsite/day of, and registration the day before.
- Registration will promptly close at 9:00 am on the day of the event
- Events will be limited to 60 participants
- The success of our events is completely dependent on volunteers. Therefore, this year we are asking for participants to pre-register for several key volunteer positions.
- Please select one item from the “Event Options” section; see descriptions for details.
Please help us run a successful event by:
- Pay prior to the event to avoid an additional $15 day of registration fee
- Review the Tech Sheet and double check the “Registration Details” for accuracy. This form will be attached to your confirmation and is available at the PCA Chicago Region website
- Bring your completed Tech Inspection Form with you to the event. UTQG: This is the wear rating for your tires. This can be found on the sidewall of your tires. If you are new to autocross, the Tech Inspector can help you find where this is located.
- Make sure the positive battery terminal is completely covered with tape. This ensures that nothing can come in contact with the terminal. The PCA Chicago Autocross program reserves the right to deny participation to vehicles with excessive exhaust noise (95 db).
- Park your vehicle next to the vehicle that arrived just before you (e.g.. not in the middle of the parking lot). We would like to have all cars parked in the order of arrival. This significantly improves the flow of our Tech Inspection process and helps us start our event on time. If you want to park next to someone, please coordinate your arrival before entering the venue.
- Empty everything out of your car immediately after parking so that it can be Tech inspected. Anything that is loose must be removed from your car, including floor mats.
- Complete and place the Tech Inspection Form under your windshield wiper. This indicates that you are ready to have your car inspected.
- Wait for your car to be inspected. After obtaining the event sticker and signed Tech Inspection Form from the Tech Inspector. Apply sticker to the front top section of your windshield on the driver’s side.
- Proceed to the registration table with your signed Tech Inspection Form.
- Check in and look for your pre-printed name on the PCA Waiver, sign it.
- Apply your assigned car number to both sides of your vehicle. Numbers should be 8” or larger (if you do not have pre-printed numbers use blue painters tape)
- Relax, mix and mingle, walk the course or help setup the course until the drivers meeting at 9:20 am.
- And most importantly….Have Fun!
Participants are broken out into three groups: Drive, Rest, Work
- This group will start driving.
- After your driving session is over, you will rest.
- This group will start the day resting while the first group (Drive) runs the course.
- Use this time to eat lunch, but please be ready to work.
- As the Drive group is finishing please keep an eye on the staging line for the last car to complete the course.
- After the last car has run and the course is “cold” promptly replace the workers on the course. This enables us to quickly get the next driving group on the course.
- This group will work the course when we start
- Please grab a safety vest before heading out to a workstation
- Aside from the Starter there are no pre-assigned work stations. Fill in any work station with less than two workers.
- After the session is over and you are done working it is your turn to drive.
We will cycle through the process of again in the afternoon. Drive, Rest, Work. We will cover this again in the drivers meeting and address any questions that you may have.
Thanks, in advance for your cooperation.
Midwest Performance Cars
MPC Professionals care about the performance of your import vehicle and overall satisfaction. We stand behind our work with triple the industry standard warranty — 3 years or 100,000 miles. Our integrity, values and morals are clear, we understand you have many choices for your auto service and we aim to be an open book with all the steps and services we perform as part of the MPC experience.